Their live audio expertise is being injected by jBL in their earphones. The JBL Synchros S500 was constructed on their wide-ranging knowledge of music sounds in a live venue. As a result, they developed LiveStage digital signal processing, which moves the soundstage forward to model a concert or speaker-listening experience. If your batteries run down what goes on? The passive listening option means your music will sound abundant and thorough without LiveStage processing.
Remote cables for Apple and Android
For those who have an iPhone or other Apple apparatus, you are likely used to seeing headset with in-line remotes and mics that work with these products. The JBL Synchros S500 isn’t any exception. But JBL did not leave Android users out of the mixture. These earphones come with a second remote cable for use with compatible Android apparatus. Both cables allow you to take calls using a smartphone in addition to control playback and volume when listening to music.
The JBL Synchros S500 will attract attention using their pro style looks. But these earphones go beyond simple manner. With an aluminum frame, strong headband, and leather earpads, these ‘phones are constructed to last. In addition they offer enough comfort to maintain you just kicking back enjoying your favorite melodies or listening, whether you are taking care of a home recording project. With the pedigree for both live sound and home audio of JBL, these headphones are great for the living-room or the studio.
JBL Synchros S500 Details
• closed-back, over-the-ear design helps block external noise
• 50mm dynamic drivers
• stainless steel headband and leather earpads offer durability
• earcup button activates LiveStage™ digital signal processing for a more forward soundstage similar to speaker listening
• 2 “AAA” batteries (included) power LiveStage audio processing for up to 20 hours
• listen in passive mode (LiveStage OFF) without battery power
• PureBass technology delivers deep low-frequency response with detail and accuracy
• detachable miniplug cable with in-line 3-button remote and microphone for use with iPhone®, iPod®, and iPad®
• detachable miniplug cable with in-line 3-button remote and microphone for use with compatible Android™ phones
• carrying case
• frequency response: 10-22,000 Hz
What’s in JBL Synchros S500’s Box
- Over-ear headphones (black)
- 4′ Headphone cable with in-line mic/remote for iOS devices
- 4′ Headphone cable with in-line mic/remote for Android devices
- Clothing clip (installed on iOS cable)
- 2 “AAA” batteries
- Zippered storage case
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty booklet
- Attention! booklet
- Indication of Toxic and Hazardous Substances/Elements
JBL Synchros S500 Features
– Premium design features steel headband and comfortable leather ear cushions
– Premium 50mm driver for professional audio sound with PureBass performance
– PureBass sound delivers a balanced audio experience with amazing clarity, and deep powerful bass
– Proprietary LiveStage signal processing technology delivers the most realistic headphone sound experience possible
– Detachable cable design with iOS3 button and universal remote/microphone cable included
JBL Synchros S500 Review
The Synchros S500 earphones are engineered to produce the signature JBL sound that makes their speakers a favorite among audiophiles everywhere. Crystal clear treble, deep rich bass and a remarkably well-balanced midrange. With one of these headphones, I have been listening to and rediscovering much of my music as if it were not old. The sound quality is really that good.
The mixture of the LiveStage signal processing and PureBass operation of JBL makes these headphones actually impressive. The bass end of the spectrum is deep and exact with no hollowness that is commonly a distraction with Bose ‘phones. The highs are crystal clear and airy. The whole sound spectrum is exceptionally well balanced; I haven’t detected any weak spots. That cannot really be said about many earphones that are good today. All of the best manufacturing companies have jumped on the bass-heavy techno bandwagon to the detriment of much of the music all of US love.
The build quality is actually superb even if this adds a bit of further weight. I find these to be among the most comfortable earphones I’ve used. There is almost no audio leakage in order that others near you, will not hear much of your music.
The Synchros S500s come in a nicely zippered carry case. You’ll find two detachable cables contained: one for iPads and Apple’s iOS iPhones using a three-button remote/mic cable and another using a universal remote/mike that can control most of the mobiles as well as other devices presently in the marketplace. Yes, you can take calls while you’re using these on your smartphone; when the call comes in the music pauses.
The proprietary LiveStage technology necessitates electricity which is provided by two AAA batteries that fit within the proper earpiece. So the batteries will last up to 20 hours this does not use much electricity. The characteristic turns itself off after ten minutes should you forget to turn off it. I had a difficulty here. Inside the battery compartment, there are small wire springs that contact the plus and the minus ends of the batteries. The brief ones on the plus ends did not protrude to make contact with all the battery tips and the LiveStage feature would not turn on. Luckily, I ascertained what the issue was and flexed those springs inward slightly. This easily solved the difficulty.
Make no mistake, all these are high-end, professional cans and get highest recommendation.